Sunday, February 3, 2013

#818: Cottage Cheese and Egg Salad Sandwich


I have leftover cottage cheese so I'm excited to try some different, healthy cottage cheese recipes. I am NOT an egg salad sandwich fan, but that didn't stop me from trying this recipe (and I had eggs to use up). 

Now if you love egg salad, you'll probably really enjoy this.  For me, I liked this but didn't love, love, love it.  Don't get me wrong, I ate the entire sandwich so obviously I enjoyed it.  You can definitely taste the butter in it which I oddly liked.  I might cut down on it a little bit next time though.  Would I make this again, probably not.  Would I eat this again if someone offered it to me, yes.  It's good...just not my favorite thing to eat.

Serves 1:

1 egg
1 tbsp butter, softened
1/3 c cottage cheese
sea salt
fresh chives, finely chopped


Hard-boil the eggs using your favourite method, cool to room temperature, then peel. Separate the cooked egg yolks and whites.

Place the butter and egg yolks into a bowl and use the back of a wooden spoon to cream the mixture (that gives the gorgeous yellow colour!).
Finely chop the cooked egg whites, stir into the rest of the ingredients alongside the chives. Season with salt.

I made this with "I can't believe it's not butter" and 35 calories (per slice) bread.  My version came to 6.5 ww+ pts per sandwich (including the bread). 

No comments:

Post a Comment