Wednesday, February 20, 2013

#837: Crockpot Mexican Fajita Steak



This was a very simple recipe to throw together in the crockpot that uses minimal ingredients and hardly any effort. 

I wasn't sure my family was going to like this, but everyone really did.  I would make this again, not on a regular basis by any means, but I would make it again.  The picture above is the filling that we made.  I figured it would be a better picture so you can see the meat rather than seeing it all wrapped up in a tortilla or on a bed or rice.


2 lbs. Inexpensive thin cuts of steak. We used the steak already cut into strips in the meat department.
1 Packet of Fajita seasoning (I used half of a packet)
1 Cup Red, Yellow and Orange peppers
1 Onion chopped into large pieces
1 Jar of Chunky Salsa
Serve with cooked rice or wrapped in a tortilla


Place the fajita seasoning into a gallon freezer bag with the jar of chunky salsa and squish around until mixed well.

Place the remaining ingredients into the freezer bag. Freeze and remove the night before serving to thaw in the fridge. Cook in crockpot on high for 4 hours and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment