Sunday, February 10, 2013

#830: Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken


I had planned to make this recipe months ago, but somehow it kept getting bumped from our menu.  I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't make it sooner because we all really enjoyed this dinner.  The only thing I really had to change was that I didn't put the chicken (once I shredded it) back into the salsa mixture because my family would have never eaten it.  The salsa was super thick and chunky, which I like, but they sure don't. 

This was great for dinner and reheated for lunch the next day.  Another addition to our family favorite dinner recipes!


24-ounce jar medium salsa
Juice from one lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
.4 oz package taco seasoning (I used 1/2 a package)

2 jalapenos, finely chopped (I used 1 can of dice green chilies)
6 boneless chicken breast halves


In a slow cooker, mix together the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapenos. Add the chicken and coat with the salsa mixture. Allow the chicken to cook, covered, in the slow cooker on Low setting for 6 hours. Serve chicken with salsa mixture spooned over top, or shred and use as a taco filling.


No comments:

Post a Comment