Wednesday, February 20, 2013

#839: Marinated Grilled Pork Chops


I'm having a hate-hate relationship with my grill.  I planned all of these wonderful, easy dinners that can be made ahead of time and then grilled (yes even in January and February in the mid-west), however my grill (which is less than a year old) has decided not to work if it's too cold out.  We are hoping something is frozen and will work once it thaws but I'm really getting tired of using my George Foreman grill...it is NOT the same. 

If you are a regular follower of this blog you will already know I am not a fan or pork chops unless it's grilled or the pork is made in the crockpot.  So when we went to put
this on the non-working grill and had to cook this inside I was extremely disappointed.  Brian enjoyed this dinner but the girls and I did not.  Not that it was bad, it just lacked the grilled/charred flavor that would have made this 1000 times better. 

This was also a recipe I put together on my freezer cooking day.  It was so simple to bag up and freeze.  I look forward to trying this again once my grill thaws!! 

PS...this is a picture of Brian's plate.  I ate mine with a spinach salad not french fries.  Not that anyone cares. :)


4 to 6 pork chops on the bone
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown mustard or gourmet mustard blend
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 clove garlic finely minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
 
Put pork chops in a large food storage bag. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chops. Seal the bag and turn to coat the pork chops. Refrigerate for 3 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
Grill the chops over high heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until the chops register about 160° on an instant read thermometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment