Sunday, February 10, 2013

#832: Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake


This is supposed to be a protein shake, but I didn't have any protein powder so I just omitted it.  (So I also omitted it from the title of this recipe too).  The recipe claims it tastes like a Reece's milkshake...it does not.  (At least not to me anyways).  It tastes like a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana smoothie.  I'm okay with that though because that's how I intend to drink this...as a smoothie.  I think it would need at least some ice cubes to help make this a thicker "shake"-like consistency.

Even though it doesn't taste like a milkshake, I still thoroughly enjoyed this!  I will be drinking it for breakfast a lot I'm sure and will be giving it to the girls with their lunch today too.  As you can see from the photo above, someone snatched this from me!

1 cup Skim Milk (I used unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
1 frozen banana
2 Tsp. PB2 (I used 1 tbsp)
2 Tsp. Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Chocolate Pudding Powder
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I omitted)

Put milk, protein powder, chocolate pudding powder and PB2 in your blender/food processor. Blend until smooth and fully incorporated. Break up your frozen banana into smaller chunks and add it to the mix (banana must be frozen for a thicker consistency) and continue to blend with blender/food processor until it is all combined well. 

My version (with the almond milk and 1 tbsp of PB2) was 1.5 ww+ pts for the glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment