Sunday, February 24, 2013

#852: Meatloaf Minis


As we were eating these meatloaf minis, Brian asked, "What's the secret ingredient in here?"  I honestly couldn't remember but I did know there was something...

Ha ha, no one ever guessed or could tell there was cereal in this.  {Enter maniacal laugh.}

The kids were not super huge fans of this recipe.  Brian and I however enjoyed them a lot.  And yes, Brian is even taking them for leftovers for lunch for the next 2 days.  We both agreed though we would have liked ours a little crispier on the edges but that is slightly my fault because I was avoiding cleaning out the muffin pan.  :)  I made these meat loaf minis on a freezer cooking day and cooked all the way thru.  Then I let cool and froze in a Ziploc bag.  I defrosted in the fridge overnight and then instead of putting them back in muffin tins to reheat I placed them on a foil lined cookie sheet instead.  They were cooked and hot, but it didn't have crispy edges like we prefer.  Oh well, they were still good.  And clean up was a breeze.  (I really, really despise cleaning out muffin tins!)

1 cup ketchup
3-4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp ground mustard
2 eggs beaten
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 cups Crispix cereal, crushed
3 tsp onion powder
1 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
3 pounds lean ground beef (I used ground turkey)
 
In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Remove 1/2 cup for topping; set aside. Add eggs, Worcestershire sauce, cereal, and seasonings to remaining ketchup mixture; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes. Crumble beef over cereal mixture and mix well.
 
Press meat mixture into 18 muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each). Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes. Drizzle with reserved ketchup mixture; bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Freeze for up to 3 months.

To Prepare:Completely thaw. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.

No comments:

Post a Comment