Thursday, February 21, 2013

#841: Corn BLT Lettuce Wraps

 
Do you notice something missing from this recipe?  How about the lettuce for the lettuce wraps?  Yes, that's it!  This is supposed to be served in a lettuce cup but I enjoyed this with a spoon instead.  :)

I actually enjoyed this so much I made it for lunch two days in a row.  Fantastic!

4 slices bacon (I used 1/8 cup of real bacon bits)
2 ears of corn, cut off the cob (I used 2/3 c frozen corn)
1/4 cup cilantro
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 jalapeno, minced
1 tbsp reduced fat mayo
juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
Romaine lettuce leaves (I omitted)

In a medium skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Discard all of the bacon grease except for 1 tbsp. Set bacon aside.

Add the corn and cook for about 3 minutes until just tender. You could also grill the corn or leave it raw.
 
Toss together the remaining ingredients, including stirring in the mayo and lime juice.  Season with salt and pepper. Serve in lettuce cups.
 
The entire bowl of this corn "salad" was 5 ww+ pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment