Sunday, February 24, 2013

#850: Crockpot Fried Rice


I have been dying to try this recipe.  The last few times we've had brown rice for dinner and had leftovers I saved it and stuck it in the freezer just for this recipe.  I never had any sort of protein to eat with it.  Then I made the Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps and knew this would be the perfect recipe to use up the filling with. 

Doesn't it look good?  It's super healthy too because I added ground chicken, and tons of veggies to it.  I love that the recipe is so versatile and you can pretty much throw anything you have in your fridge into this dish. 

I used an 1/8 cup of egg substitute instead of the egg.  I cannot tell it is in this recipe at all so I don't know if it adds much too it.  Maybe gives it a little moisture??

2 cups leftover rice/quinoa (I used 2 cups of brown rice)

3 T butter (I used 2 tbsp ICBINB)
2 T soy sauce
2 t Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t black pepper
1/4 t kosher salt
1/2 diced yellow onion
1 cup of whatever frozen or fresh vegetables you have on hand. (I used asparagus, carrots, orange peppers, zucchini, 1/4 c edamame and 1/8 c frozen peas)
leftover meat (I used 1/2 of the meat/filling from the Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps)
1 egg (I used 1/8 c of egg substitute)
sesame seeds for garnish (optional)

Plop everything on in there together. Mix it around, and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 3-4. You are only heating everything up and cooking the egg.

My version made 4 servings at 5 ww+ pts each.  That was a lot of fried rice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment