Sunday, February 24, 2013

#853: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Sludge


This sounds like a very appealing recipe doesn't it?  Who wants to eat sludge??  Not me.  But I DO want to eat chocolate and peanut butter.  I can do eat it every day in fact.  So when I came across this recipe I was a little intrigued. 

But then I saw the first ingredient was casein.  What in the world is casein.  So I googled it.  It's basically a protein powder.  I'm not spending $15 on a jar of protein powder.  But I did have a packet of Carnation Instant Breakfast in my pantry that sounded about the same.  :)  Okay maybe not, but close enough. 

Here's the hard part to this recipe.  You have to let it set up in the freezer for 15-30 minutes.  I'm inpatient so it's hard to wait.  But then I do wait and go do something else and forget about it until it's frozen solid.  So save yourself some heartache and set a timer.

Let me tell you this recipe is pretty much named correctly.  Odd, I know.  But it is kind of a sludgy consistency.  It's like a semi-frozen pudding.  It's good too.  Really good.  The chocolate chips put it totally over the edge by giving it a necessary texture.  I need to go lick the bowl finish this now. 

1 Scoop chocolate casein (I used 1/2 packet of Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast)
2 TB PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
2 TB unsweetened baking cocoa
Stevia to taste (I omitted)
1 TB sugar-free chocolate chips (yeah I used mini chocolate chips...with sugar)

Combine all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until it is a thick paste-like substance.  Then freeze for about 15-30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment