Thursday, August 27, 2015

#1,602: Carrot and Zucchini Breakfast Cookie

I wanted a healthier, but portable and kid friendly recipe to make for the girls to take to school for breakfast this week (they eat in my classroom).  I came across this recipe that has carrots and zucchini in it so I figured I'd give it a try.  I was excited that my kids enjoyed it as much as they did.  Personally I think the addition of mini chocolate chips probably helped, but I have to admit, even I loved these and made them again since they are so good.  I will definitely be making these again for us.  

2 large very ripe bananas
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups quick cooking oats
¼ cup grated carrots
¼ cup grated zucchini
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup honey (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350F.  In a large bowl, mash the bananas and applesauce together. Whisk in the flax seed and vanilla extract (and honey, if needed). Add the quick oats, grated veggies and chocolate chips, mix well.

Grease a baking sheet lightly with oil. Form the dough into individual cookies and place them on the baking sheet.

Bake for 25 minutes.  Allow the cookies to cool for 20 minutes before eating.  Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment