Saturday, August 1, 2015

#1,570: Homefried Kielbasa and Potatoes

We just got back from a road trip to Ohio and I had to get something for dinner on the table pretty quickly.  This recipe was perfect for that, and I probably had dinner ready/done in about 20 minutes.  I microwaved my potatoes first until they were almost all the way cooked through and then added them to finish cooking in the pan.  Some of our potato pieces were still not fully cooked so next time I will completely cook them in the microwave first and then just brown them up in a hot (lightly oiled) pan.  My family enjoyed this recipe and it was easy and quick.  My kind of meal.  

14-16 oz. kielbasa
4-5 potatoes
1 Vidalia onion (I omitted b/c my family would have picked it out anyways)
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp minced garlic
⅓ tsp. Kosher salt
¼ tsp. oregano

Preheat skillet on med-high heat. Cut sausage into slices, and drop in the heated pan. Stir while frying.

As kielbasa is browning, chop the onion and potatoes.

Once the sausage has browned up a bit, and released most of the grease, scoop it out and put aside. Be careful to leave grease in pan.

Drop potatoes into the kielbasa grease to fry. Once they start to brown cut down heat to med-low, and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.

Once the potatoes have softened, add the kielbasa back into the pan mix in and all to reheat before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment