Saturday, August 1, 2015

#1,573: Chocolate Pretzel Cookies

Well now here is a really easy, 3 ingredient cookie recipe!  Chloe helped me make these for the workers who are coming to put up our siding.  I let the kids split one cookie so we could try it and she claimed "Mommy these are SO good.  I could eat every one.  Like EVERY ONE."  I'd say that's a hit. 

Personally these would be better if you used real sugar cookie dough, but for a store bought easy convenience cookie, I'm okay with these.  Because I used the tube cookie dough, these are thin and really crunchy....not my favorite kind of cookie (I like soft ones),but still, definitely not bad.  I used milk chocolate chips and it would not melt easily and thinly (I figured it wouldn't) so I added a little bit of butter and milk to my chocolate chips to thin it out enough to drizzle over the tops.  


1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
1 cup crushed pretzels
3 oz milk chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.

Spoon and shape 14 heaping tablespoons dough into balls. Roll balls in pretzels; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before removing to cooling racks.

In small bowl, microwave milk chocolate chips uncovered on High, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.  (I added ½ tbsp. butter and about 3 tbsp milk too).  Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies; let stand until set.  Store in airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment