Sunday, August 2, 2015

#1,574: Meltaway Cookies

Personally, I probably would not have used bright blue food coloring/icing for this recipe but we made these cookies for the men who are coming to do our siding and Allison said we needed to use a "boy color" and suggested bright blue.  LOL  The cream cheese frosting posted below was so thick I couldn't get it to spread very well.  So I added a little more powdered sugar and a little skim milk until it was thin enough that I could dip the cookie into the icing and it covered most of the cookie.  They aren't the prettiest cookies I've ever made but they are good.  Allison said, "This tastes like a Christmas cookie" and actually I have to agree.  I feel like I've had these before and it's driving me crazy that I can't place where/what I've eaten but it might just taste like a Christmas cookie that's giving me deja vu.  

Meltaway Cookie Recipe
1 C. butter
¾ C. cornstarch
¾ C. powdered sugar
1 C. flour

In a medium bowl, cream butter until fluffy.  Add cornstarch & sugar and blend well.  Beat in flour until thoroughly mixed. 

Drop by small teaspoons onto baking sheet & flatten out with the bottom of a class. (Dip glass in powdered sugar to prevent sticking). 

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Cool completely on wire rack & frost with Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe below).

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (3oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
½ t. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together.  Color with food coloring if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment