Saturday, August 15, 2015

#1,594: Nacho Meatballs

I could not believe how crazy my kids went for this recipe!  My husband liked them (yeah!  He doesn't like cheese so this was a win since I got cheese AND salsa past him!) but the kids LOVED them.  Like couldn't eat them fast enough, loved them.  I am planning on making these again later in the week and will hopefully double the recipe so they can take some leftovers in their lunches as well.  Huge win with this recipe for us!!

1lb. ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 egg
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp salsa
1 Tbsp pickled jalapenos, chopped (I omitted)

For the Topping: (I omitted for my crew and just offered salsa and sour cream to dip in)
1/4 cup prepared salsa (sugar free)
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
16 pickled jalapeno slices 

2 Tbsp sour cream

Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly, Form into 16 meatballs. Saute in a large nonstick pan until golden brown and cooked through - about 3 - 4 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.  (I baked mine in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes).

To Serve (I skipped this step):
Arrange the meatballs on an ovenproof dish. Top with about 1 tsp salsa, and 1 tsp shredded cheddar each. Place under the broiler for about one minute or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, top each meatball with a dab of sour cream and a slice of pickled jalapeno.

No comments:

Post a Comment