Sunday, August 16, 2015

#1,598: Grapefruit smoothie

Let me state, I am not a grapefruit fan.  It is one fruit that I really, really find the taste of too strong and bitter.  Recently though I got one from my order via Home Chef (love that company by the way!) and I seriously debated just throwing it out.  Knowing that there had to be an easy, healthy recipe to use it in, I decided to give it a try by using it in this recipe.  Isn't it pretty?!!?  This is a super healthy fruit smoothie, and if you like grapefruits, you will probably like this recipe as well.  I however, was only able to drink half of it before the grapefruit flavor became too much for me.  Hey, half is better than nothing!  

I used frozen organic strawberries which made this smoothie a little thicker ...which I liked!  I loved the texture of this drink, just not the aftertaste.  I tried adding a packet of stevia to my drink and it helped a little to sweeten it up, but not enough for me to want to make this again.  Overall not bad, just not my thing. 

2 cups hulled strawberries
1 peeled, seeded and chopped grapefruit
1 cored and chopped sweet apple
1 cup water
1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped

Place all of your ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment