Sunday, August 2, 2015

#1,578: Almond Joy Banana Ice Cream


I decided to put this recipe on our summer bucket list for several reasons:
1.  It's summer...and we love ice cream
2. It's healthy!
3.  It only has 6 ingredients...one of which is NOT sugar.

I took the kids with me to the grocery store and we got all of the ingredients (that we didn't already have on hand) for this recipe.  I was quite surprised that only 1 of the 3 kids liked this.  I personally thought it was good but there is nothing in this that I don't already enjoy eating.  :)  I personally would make this again...but only for myself.  

1-2 Bananas, Frozen
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1/8 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
1/8 cup of sliced almonds
1 dark chocolate square or chocolate chips or any chocolate of your choice
1/8 cup of coconut milk or another milk of your choice


Place all of the ingredients into your blender and pulse until you get your soft serve consistency.  

No comments:

Post a Comment