Monday, August 10, 2015

#1,588: Blueberry & Greek Yogurt Parfaits with Granola

This recipe got mixed reviews from my kids, but I realized that as long as they were eating bites of yogurt with either a blueberry or piece of granola in it, then they liked it.  So although they claimed they "really didn't like it", what they really didn't like was the plain Greek yogurt.  Honestly, next time, I think I'm going to try this with blueberry Greek yogurt instead.  Yes that will probably have a little more sugar in it compared to plain Greek yogurt, but my kids like flavored Greek yogurt better.  This was so simple to make and was a nice alternative to regular yogurt cups (or tubes) they generally eat in the morning.  I will definitely be making this again for them. Besides, I've got some granola to use so it gives me an excuse to make it again. :) 

1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
2 tablespoons raw sugar
1 lime, zested, plus 2 tbsp. juice
2 cups Greek yogurt
1 cup granola

In bowl, toss blueberries, sugar, lime zest and juice; let sit 20 minutes. Serve yogurt topped with granola and berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment