Sunday, August 16, 2015

#1,600: Cauliflower Pizza Bites

Although my kids weren't as big of fans of this recipe, I enjoyed it.  Although I do think you waste a lot of cauliflower trying to cut it into larger "disk" size pieces.  Don't get me wrong, I saved all the smaller pieces to roast for dinner tomorrow so technically there is no "waste" but it is not easy cutting this into disks and keeping the cauliflower intact.

As far as flavor goes though, I really did enjoy this recipe.  I used turkey pepperoni to make this a little healthier.  It was good!  I was surprised my kids weren't as big of fans of it though.  :(  


1 large head cauliflower, sliced into flat, disc like pieces
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (I used my Misto)
Sea Salt
Garlic Powder
Pizza sauce
1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni pieces (if desired)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.  Brush cauliflower (both sides) with oil. Lay flat on a large sheet pan.

Sprinkle each cauliflower piece with sea salt and a touch of garlic powder.  Roast in oven for about 10 minutes per side, flipping once.

Remove from oven. Heat oven to broil.  In the meantime, place a small dollop of pizza sauce onto the center of each cauliflower bite, followed by a tiny pinch of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.

Place pan back into the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment