Saturday, August 1, 2015

#1,569: Grilled Scallions with Soy-Sesame Drizzle


Here is a simple recipe I found in a recent issue of Weight Watchers.  I sadly have to add it to my "never again" category because I couldn't eat this at all.  I like grilled onions...a lot.  But this was too much for me.  The bottoms were under-cooked while some of the tops were overcooked.  The soy-sesame dressing was pretty bad too.  I'm all for eating and grilling veggies, but this one I will pass on.  

32 medium uncooked scallion(s), trimmed  
1 1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce  
1/2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil  
(I added a few sesame seeds on top)

Preheat grill to medium heat.  In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.  Grill scallions over direct heat, turning once, until marked and softened a bit, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.   Transfer to a serving platter; drizzle with soy mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment