Wednesday, August 5, 2015

#1,580: Snickers Cookies

So these didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, but they were still really good.  Either I used way too much dough around the snickers that the candy got completely engulfed or I should have used bigger snickers.  Maybe the bag of mini ones I got were mini-mini.  :)  (I got the unwrapped kind so that might be the case!).  These are good though!  Don't over bake these or they start to get kind of tough/crispy.  My kids loved these though...and after everyone ate one, we put the rest in a container for our siding guys and shared the rest with some neighbors.  Don't want these hanging around our house too long!

1 bag Snickers miniature candies
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I omitted)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour, sifted (I used 3 cups)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine butter, peanut butter, and sugars using a mixer on medium to low speed until light and fluffy.

Slowly add the eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda.

I’m not sure why this step is necessary.  I DID chill it overnight and it was so hard I had to let it soften to actually be able to wrap it around the snickers.  I’m not chilling it next time!  Cover and chill dough 2 to 3 hours up to a couple of days. 

Remove dough from fridge. Divide dough into 1 to 2 tablespoon pieces and flatten.
Place a Snickers Mini in center of each. Form a ball around the Snickers Mini, taking care to cover it all.

Place on cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Adjust time as needed if using more than 1 tablespoon dough. (Mine took about 18 minutes). Let cookies cool 1 to 2 minutes then remove to rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment