Sunday, August 16, 2015

#1,601: Quinoa Patties

When I made quinoa for the chicken quinoa recipe, I had some leftover so I needed to find another recipe in order to use it up. I decided to make this super simple recipe and was so glad I did. These are delicious! A tad under seasoned but overall delicious.  My kids weren't big fans, but I was perfectly content to hoard these all for myself.  So good!


2 1/2 c. cooked quinoa at room temperature
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. finely chopped chives or green onions
1/3 c. finely chopped yellow or white onion
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 c. bread crumbs
1 T. olive oil, for cooking

Cook quinoa according to package directions.  Set aside to cool.  (I cooked mine in chicken broth to give it more flavor…so good)

Once cool, combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT THE OIL in a bowl and mix well to combine.  Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes. 

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, scoop about 1/8 cup (use a measuring cup) of the mixture, quickly press it into small patties, and slide it into the hot oil. 

Cook for 4-6 minutes on one side until the underside is golden brown, flip, and repeat until the other side is also a golden brown.  Place on a paper towel lined plate until ready to plate and serve.  You can serve these hot or cold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment