Sunday, August 16, 2015

#1,595: Homemade Strawberry Honey Butter

Isn't that strawberry butter pretty?? I had some fresh strawberries that we're starting to get a little soft so I figured this would be the perfect recipe to use them in. 

It was a really simple recipe to make, and I think my kids described it best when they said "it tastes like butter and strawberry jelly."  Yep, that's exactly what it tastes like.  It's a little too "strawberry" flavored for my liking, but his would be great on some really fresh bread. 

What I loved about this recipe is that it only requires four ingredients.  The lime juice in this makes it a little tart, but I like that about it as well. 

1 pint strawberries, rinsed and hulled
3 Tbsp Honey
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
12 tbsp butter (I used organic unsalted butter)

Puree strawberries in a food processor.  Push puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.  (There was no way I was doing this, so I skipped this step.  I don’t think it made any difference!)

Place in a pot with honey and lemon juice.  Bring mixture to a boil, and cook for a few minutes until slightly thickened.  Allow to cool to room temperature.

Whip with room temperature butter.  Keep and serve at room temperature or in fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment