Sunday, August 16, 2015

#1,597: Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta


Here is a recipe that looks like it will take a longer time to make, but can easily be thrown together in a few minutes.  Although I LIKED this recipe, it is not my favorite or favorite way to eat zucchini noodles.  With that said though, I did LIKE this recipe and would eat it again.  I probably won't make it again because I wasn't in love with it (and there are so many more recipes to make/try) but for today's lunch it was a good one.  

2 Large Zucchini, spiral sliced into "zucchini noodles"
1 Cup Spinach
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Butter (I omitted)
5 Cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
¼ Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes
2 Tbs. Capers (I omitted)
2 Tbs. Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
10 Kalamata Olives, Halved
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
¼ Cup Feta Cheese, Crumbled (I omitted)

In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add olive oil and butter.   Once butter is melted add garlic, zucchni and spinach.  Season with salt and pepper.  Sauté until zucchini is tender and spinach is wilted. Drain excess liquid.

To the pan, add sun-dried tomatoes, capers, parsley, and kalamata olives.  Stir to mix in and sauté 2-3 minutes.

Remove from heat and toss with Parmesan and feta cheeses before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment