Sunday, August 2, 2015

#1,577: Green and Gold Quinoa Salad


I decided to make this recipe for lunch because I happened to have all of the ingredients already on hand! (Love those kind of recipes/meals!)  I absolutely loved this recipe.  LOVED it!  It was so simple to make and it was great as a leftover as well.  I will probably be making this when I go back to school because I can easily have it as a leftover/lunch for 2 or 3 days.  The quinoa and almonds give this a nice crunchy texture/flavor and the corn gives it a really nice sweetness.  I didn't love the parsley (I don't love parsley though) so I think next time I might try it with fresh basil instead.  Definitely a keeper recipe for me!

1 cup quinoa
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise
1 bunch  scallions trimmed, sliced crosswise
5 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
lemon wedges

Cook quinoa according to package directions; let cool. In skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add zucchini and scallions. Cook, stirring, until zucchini is crisp-tender, 5 minutes; let cool.

In large bowl, toss quinoa, zucchini mixture, corn and parsley; season.

Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be made 2 days ahead.) Before serving, toss in almonds. Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment