Saturday, August 1, 2015

#1,571: Berry-Nana Smoothie

Here's a simple smoothie I made for my kids to share today at lunch...they LOVED it.  I did omit the tofu (which is an optional ingredient) mainly because I figured they wouldn't love it.  I might try some other time to add it in to see if they can tell it's in there.  This was a thick and creamy smoothie and I had to add some almond milk to thin it out enough for them to drink.  I will definitely make this again for them.

1 very ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
1 cup frozen berries (I used strawberries)
1/2 cup or 1 (6-ounce) container plain, vanilla or lemon yogurt (I used plain Greek)
3/4 cup orange juice or apple juice (I used the juice of an orange + some almond milk to thin out to our desired consistency)
2 ounces soft tofu, optional (I omitted)
1 to 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste

Put everything in a blender and puree until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment