Thursday, August 27, 2015

#1,608: Cheater's Cheesesteak Sandwiches

This is one of my worst pictures of a recipe, but my family was literally almost done eating their dinner before I realized I missed this photo op/recipe.  Chloe was the last one to take a bite so I could only get a picture of her half sandwich!  I added some steak seasoning for more flavor and I think it definitely needed it.  It made the steak so much more flavorful!  The picture does not do this sandwich justice...it was really, really good.  

1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup sliced onion
1/2 pound ribeye steak, thinly sliced against the grain
1 pound cremini mushrooms, chopped (I omitted)
I also added about 1 tsp of steak seasoning
4 4-inch whole-grain Italian rolls, split
2 ounces sharp provolone, shredded

Preheat the broiler. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high; add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until onion begins to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the steak; cook, stirring often, until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer the steak and onion to a plate. 

Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the steak to the skillet and season with salt and pepper; stir until heated through, about 1 minute.

Place the rolls on a baking sheet. Divide the steak mixture evenly among the rolls. Top with the cheese and broil until melted, about 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment