Monday, July 8, 2013

#1,011: Homemade Ghee


My cousin Alisa told me I had to get some ghee (organic clarified butter) but I couldn't find it in our stores.  My friend Paula told me to make it myself, so I started Google-ing how-to's and found a video that looked super simple.  This is the You Tube video I followed to make the Ghee.  It really was easy and all of this butter was from one pound of organic unsalted butter.  Because it is summer and my house (even with the air on) is pretty warm, my ghee is not solidifying.  I don't mind though.  I put the larger container in the fridge until we are ready for it so it did solidify, and if I really want solid butter I will use that one instead. 

This has a slight browned-butter taste to it.  It's good.  Really good.  I'm so glad I made it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment