Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#1,019: Apple Bumpkin Breakfast Bake


Isn't the name of this recipe just cute?  I made this dish to reheat for breakfast all week and I have to admit I am really enjoying it.  I think it would be better with some diced walnuts in it too, so I might add that next time.  I love the texture of the crunch. 

This is best served hot, but it really isn't bad cold either.  I'm enjoying it either way.


3 tart apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2″ chunks
2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed
12 large eggs
14 ounce can pumpkin puree
14 ounce can full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup maple syrup (optional) (I omitted)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup ribbon coconut

Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan well with coconut oil. Toss chopped apples into the pan, spreading evenly over the bottom.
In a large bowl, mash bananas. Whisk in eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, maple syrup (if using), vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Combine well. Pour over apples in pan.

Sprinkle the top of the mixture with sliced almonds and ribbon coconut. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes; until set. Cut into 12 pieces and serve hot or refrigerate to serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment