Wednesday, July 31, 2013

#1,042: Bacon Coleslaw


I found this recipe on Facebook.  It looked so easy and it had my absolute most favorite ingredient....BACON.  Thank goodness organic bacon is ok on Paleo.  :)  Although this was a good recipe, it certainly was not my favorite.  But I added some chicken, basil and a few raw pumpkin seeds and this became even better.  Did I love this, no not really.  But I definitely liked this salad. As I look at the picture attached though, I can't even see any of the bacon that was in it.  Maybe that was my hint to add more! 

Half a head of green cabbage, shredded.
2 small carrots, peeled and shredded.
6 strippes of bacon cooked crispy and shredded into bits.
3 tbsp of bacon grease.
Approximately 2 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar.
Salt and course ground pepper to taste.

Mix well. If you prefer your slaw to stick together a little better you can add more bacon grease or coconut oil. If you like your slaw with more pep and zing add more apple cider vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment