Saturday, July 20, 2013

#1,022: Paleo BBQ Sauce


I've had several recipes lately that I've wanted to make that calls for BBQ sauce.  As you are probably very aware, BBQ sauce has a ton of sugar in it and that is one thing I've cut out since going Paleo.  So I figured it was about time to make some. 

This recipe looked ridiculously easy and I had everything on hand to make it.  So I did.  And it was easy.  This is definitely not my favorite BBQ sauce I've ever eaten.  It's not bad though.  It's a little chunky for my liking so I'll have to puree it a bit with my immersion blender to make it more BBQ sauce-like.  I think I'll keep experimenting with other recipes, but for the first time it's not so bad.

6 oz  tomato paste
1 to 1 1/2 c beef stock
3 cloves garlic
1/2 of an onion
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tspb olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp. chili powder

Dice onions and garlic very, very fine.  Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and stir to combine.  Bring sauce to boil then turn to low heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.  The more beef stock you add, the thinner your sauce will be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment