Monday, July 29, 2013

#1, 037: Honey Melon Slaw


I've made this salad twice now.  Once I omitted the honey and I wasn't overly impressed.  I almost didn't make it a second time.  Then I decided I better give the recipe a real chance.  But I still didn't want all that sugar, so I just squeezed a little bit of honey over the salad.  This salad was wonderful.  BUT....it was even better when I added some bacon to it too.  :)  Mmmm!  Definitely making this again!!

DRESSING
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
6 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

SALAD
3 cups purchased coleslaw mix
2 cups chopped unpeeled cucumber
2 cups chopped seedless watermelon (I used a yellow watermelon)
2 cups chopped cantaloupe
6 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus additional springs for garnish (I omitted)

1. Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl. Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl, except sprigs of mint; toss with dressing. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Using slotted spoon, place in serving bowl; garnish with sprigs of mint.

12 (1/2-cup) servings

PER SERVING: 60 calories, 0 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 1 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 1 g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment