Tuesday, July 16, 2013

#1,020: Paleo Nut Crunch Granola


I cannot find this recipe anywhere.  I have no idea where I found it to and therefore can't give credit to the appropriate website/author.  So I apologize for this!!

Since starting paleo, one of the hardest things for me is breakfast in the mornings.  Although this girl loves to cook, my breakfasts need to be fast and pretty much pre-made.  I love breakfast bars and smoothies, both of which are not super paleo friendly.  I don't love eggs so I prefer not to eat an egg casserole reheated every day.  Then I found this recipe which is basically a cereal made of nuts and can be eaten with almond milk.  Yeah for cereal!

This granola is delicious as a cereal, snack or dessert.  It's fabulous.  OMG I love it!

3-4 cups raw mixed nuts (any except peanuts)
1 tbsp. honey
1/4 c coconut
Optional add-ins: dried fruit, sea salt, spices.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 

Mix the nuts in a large bowl.  Add in spices, coconut and sea salt if adding.  Mix.  Pour honey and coconut oil into the nut mixture and stir well. 

Spread the granola onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and cook for about 25 minutes or until the granola is a nice golden brown color.  Stir once about halfway through. 

Remove from oven and let cool completely.  If adding fruit, you can add this now. 

Serve plain, with coconut or almond milk, mixed in coconut yogurt or with fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment