Monday, July 8, 2013

#1,009: Paleo Bread


Since starting to eat Paleo the last month, one thing I've missed is bread.  Not necessarily the bread itself, but to use as a sandwich when I eat my meat, especially with my lunch.  I can only eat so much chicken salad straight out of a bowl.  But if you add that on some bread, I love it so much more.  So I was on a hunt to make paleo friendly bread but without a bread machine (I don't have one yet).  I came across this recipe (which is linked at the very bottom of the page in the comments section from Sonia).

This was definitely a very easy to make.  And I had everything on hand except the flaxseed meal, so that was a bonus too.  Sadly I don't love this.  It has a bitter, unsweetened taste to it.  As just a bread (eaten alone) I'd have to but honey on this to sweeten it up.  Which I don't intend to do.  Eaten with my chicken salad though, it's not bad.  Not my favorite recipe and I probably won't be making this recipe again, but it gives me hope that I can find a different one I like to eat on occasion. 


1.5 cups almond flour1/4 cup flaxseed meal
1
.5 tbs baking soda
 1/4 tsp salt5 eggs1/4 cup coconut oil1 tbs honey1 tbs apple cider vinegar
Pulse the first 4 together in the blender then add the wet ingredients all together and pulse until combined. Will be a gooey mixture. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment