Monday, July 22, 2013

#1,027: Mojo Marinated Grilled Chicken Fajitas



This recipe has a lot of ingredients that I like: fresh fruits and veggies, grilled chicken and Mexican flavors.  So I was super excited to try this recipe with my family. 

This chicken was DELICIOUS.  Granted, I did not make the sauce with chiles in adobo sauce, but as made it was wonderful.  The chicken was so moist and had such a great flavor.  We all loved this one.  Definitely making this again.


Marinade (Mojo):
1 orange, juiced
2 limes, juiced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced (I used a jalapeno b/c I figured the adobo sauce would be way too hot for my family)
3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt


2 1/4 lbs. flank steak or chicken breast, trimmed of fat and sliced
salt and pepper
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
lime juice and olive oil, for drizzling
Corn or flour tortillas, warmed
Guacamole
prepared salsa or pico de gallo



(I omitted this step since I didn't use adobo sauce): Combine marinade ingredients and using a food processor or blender, puree until smooth.

Transfer to a resealable container, add the meat, and shake to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours to tenderize the meat.


Preheat indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat. Drain the marinade and lightly oil the grill. Grill the chicken or beef until cooked through. Place on a cutting board to rest for a minute before slicing against the grain.

Toss bell peppers and onion with a drizzle of olive oil and lime juice. Grill for 7-8 minutes until the vegetables are barely limp.

While the meat and vegetables are grilling, heat up the tortillas (This can be done on a stove top or in the microwave by wrapping the tortillas in a damp towel and microwaving in short intervals until they are warm and pliable).

Serve tortillas with meat, grilled vegetables, salsa, guacamole, sour cream (optional), and shredded cheese (optional).


 This is how I ate my chicken...on top of coleslaw mix with some guacamole.  Delicious.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment