Sunday, July 28, 2013

#1,035: Grilled Mexican Corn Salad with Mango and Jicama


This is a recipe I found on weightwatcher's website.  It was so easy to make and I thought I was going to dislike the mango in the salad, but I actually loved it.  It is such a light and refreshing salad.  I didn't love the dressing though...olive oil and lime juice just didn't do it for me.  But I still ate the entire bowl I made over three days so it must have been okay.  :)

4 medium corn on the cob, husked    
6 medium fresh radishes, red, thinly sliced   
1 medium uncooked jicama, cut into 1/4-inch cubes   
1 large mango, ripe, cut into 1/2-inch cubes   
2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped   
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice   
2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin   
1/2 tsp ground cumin   
1/4 tsp table salt   
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper   
1 large fresh tomato, or 2 small, ripe, sliced into eight 1/4-inch-thick slices (I forgot to add)


Preheat stovetop grill pan or an outdoor grill. Lightly spray corn with cooking spray and grill until browned on all sides, turning occasionally, about 7 to 10 minutes; remove from heat and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, slice off kernels with a knife into a large bowl.
Add radishes, jicama, mango, cilantro, lime juice, oil, cumin, salt and pepper to bowl; mix to combine.  Place 2 slices of tomato on each of 4 plates and top each with 3/4 cup of corn mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment