Monday, July 22, 2013

#1,026: Grilled chicken with strawberry basil sauce


When I went to Sam's club, they had their chicken breast tenders on sale so I grabbed a pack and then came home to find some paleo friendly, grilled chicken recipes to make for dinner.  I also happened to pick up some strawberries so this was the perfect recipe to attempt and to make for dinner. 

The strawberry sauce was very good, but the chicken lacked so much flavor.  It would have been so much better if it would have been marinated in some sort of sauce/marinade instead of just grilling with salt and pepper.  It just lacked flavor.  As is, I would not eat this again.  In fact, I didn't eat much of it for my dinner.  I would try this sauce again on top of a different chicken, and think it would probably be so much better.


1½ pound chicken breasts (I used chicken breast tenders)
salt and pepper
1½ cups strawberries, chopped
½ tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon chopped basil
1 tablespoons chopped mint (I omitted, I don't love mint)
2 tablespoons orange juice

Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook on grill or grill pan for about 5 minutes per side until done. Timing will vary depending on thickness of breasts. Cook until juices run clear and no longer pink. (If using a grill pan on the stove, grease with about ½ tablespoon of coconut oil before placing chicken on it).

While chicken cooks, melt coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat.

Add strawberries, basil, mint and orange juice and simmer for about 10 minutes until reduced and thickened.

Spoon strawberry sauce over cooked chicken and garnish with additional basil and mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment