Monday, July 8, 2013

#1,010: Spinach Salad with Orange-Avocado Dressing




 
You definitely have to like avocados to like the dressing in this recipe.  I do love avocados but I had to use 3 oranges to sweeten up the dressing to where I liked it.  Because of that, I probably won't make this recipe again.  It's not bad, I've just had better salads and would choose something else over this one. 

 
1 large bunch spinach, washed and stemmed
2 carrots, grated
10 kalamata olives, halved
1/2 cucumber, chopped
Ingredients for the dressing:1 avocado
1 orange, juiced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
½ inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste


Wash and prepare the vegetables for the salad and place them in a large bowl. Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a blender and blend until incorporated. If the dressing is too thick, keep adding water until it is the desired consistency.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment