Tuesday, July 23, 2013

#1,030: Ham and Bacon Club Salad


This photo does not do this salad justice.  This salad was FANTASTIC.  Holy cow, did I love it!  I made this recipe to serve at a girls night in and the whole salad was gone.  Granted I personally finished it off, but it was an overall consensus that it was very good.  The original recipe suggested using turkey instead of ham but personally, that just didn't sound very good to me.  So I used chopped ham instead.  In my opinion, that was a very good call.  This will definitely be made again VERY soon.

The recipe below is for one serving...adjust ingredient amounts accordingly.

2 slices of bacon, cooked
2 cups mixed baby lettuces (I used romaine)
4oz Applegate Farms Organic Roasted Turkey (I used ham)
1/4 of an avocado, cut into chunks
thinly sliced red onion – to taste
1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/2 a lemon

Layer the ingredients over salad greens and serve topped with the olive oil and lemon. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment