Sunday, July 7, 2013

#1,003: Garlic-Balsamic Grilled Butternut Squash


I am a huge butternut squash fan, and usually I roast it in the oven, but I loved the idea of grilling it instead.  This was definitely easy to throw together and was really quite good.  My squash was still a little too undercooked for my liking so I think I'll microwave mine for about 5 minutes next time to start to cook it a bit first. 

1 butternut squash (or acorn or other winter squash)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cloves garlic, crushed
salt & pepper


Peel squash and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place in a ziploc bag. Mix oil, vinegar, thyme, and garlic in a small bowl, then pour over squash. Toss to coat, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the fridge and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.

Preheat grill to medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Place the squash slices on the grill, being careful to save some of the marinade. Grill 5 minutes per side until the squash has some nice charred bits and is tender.  Pour the remaining marinade in a bowl, add the hot squash slices, and toss to coat. Let rest 5 minutes before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment