Sunday, July 7, 2013

#1,001: Broccoli Sunflower Seed Slaw


If you are looking for a 3 ingredient, super simple recipe that holds up well (even with leftovers) then this might be your recipe.  Super simple.  I put a little too much dressing on for my liking, but it was still good.  I couldn't find any raspberry poppy seed dressing so I used pomegranate dressing instead. I also substituted slivered almonds for the sunflower seeds.  I'd make this again...


5 cups (12 oz.) pre-shredded broccoli slaw with carrots
1/2 cup prepared or homemade raspberry poppy seed salad dressing, or plain poppy seed dressing
1/2 cup dry roasted, salted sunflower seed kernels
salt to taste

In large bowl, toss together broccoli slaw and dressing. Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours. Add sunflower seeds and toss just before serving. Add salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment