Sunday, July 31, 2011

#340: Cauliflower Fritters


I really, really wanted to like these!  I kind of liked these.  I really wanted to like them more!  These were very easy to make, but I think I might have made them a little too big/thick so the very center was a little too "doughy" than I liked.  I will definitely try these again, but I don't know if I can finish the leftovers that are currently sitting in my fridge! :)

4 cups steamed cauliflower, roughly chopped (I put it in my food processor)


2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano (I used parmesan)
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped (I used dried and added some fresh chives)
1/4 cup hot water
salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, flour, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Add water so that batter becomes slightly more dense than pancake batter.  On medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp of oil in a 10 inch skillet coating bottom of the pan. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form fritters. You can fit 4 fritters at a time. Cook until golden brown, turn and cook another few minutes. Add a little more oil to the pan, and repeat with the remaining batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment