Wednesday, July 6, 2011

#307: Foil-Packed Veggies


I found this recipe in one of my Kraft Food Magazines.  I figured this would be a great way to use up any veggies I had left over from previous meals.  And it's great that it can go on the grill and we don't have to heat up the kitchen in this hot summer heat.   The photo above does not have the parmesan cheese on it yet.  The parmesan definitely gives these veggies a nice flavor.  Although I personally prefer my noodles to be dark and almost charred, these veggies were quite yummy and flavorful.  I'd definitley try these again. 

1 zucchini, cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks


1 cup button mushrooms (I omitted)
1 each red and yellow pepper, cut into 1-1/2 inch squares
1 cup large cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup Kraft Light Zesty Italian Dressing
2 Tbsp. Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese

Heat grill to medium-high heat.  Combine vegetables, tomatoes and dressing. Spoon onto center of large piece of heavy-duty foil. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.  Grill 8 to 10 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning after 4 min.

Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening packet. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with cheese.  If you don't have heavy-duty foil, you can use a double layer of regular foil instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment