Sunday, July 24, 2011

#326: Buttermilk Ranch Salad Dressing

I found this recipe in my most recent issue of Taste of Home Magazine.  You  had to look hard for it because it was hidden under another recipe and a little side note. This was very easy to make and really, really good!  I'm not a huge fan of ranch dressings because they are too sweet, but the buttermilk makes this tangy, thick and mmmm good!  I will be making a potato salad later in the week that calls for bottled ranch dressing and I plan to make this and substitute it instead!


3/4 c buttermilk (I made my own w/milk and vinegar)
2 c cottage cheese
1 packet ranch salad dressing mix


Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.  Serve with mixed salad or choice of cut up veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment