Monday, July 11, 2011

#318: Veggie Garden Hot Dogs


If you've noticed anything from this blog, you've probably realized that I don't like to have the same meals over and over again.  Don't get me wrong, I have favorite go-to meals and regularly put them on my dinner menu's.  But that gets boring, so I knew we were going have hot dogs this month (why not...they are on sale and easy!) but I didn't just want plain hot dogs.  So I found this recipe and really wanted to give it a try.  It sounded different and I loved the idea of using fresh summer veggies! 

I really didn't think I was going to enjoy this hot dog as much as I did!  This was actually very good!  I mixed the ranch dressing with the cut up veggies and it gave the hot dog a really different, yet good, flavor.   This hot dog definitely makes me think of fresh summer garden veggies!!



1 pkg. hot dogs (we used turkey)
1 small cucumber, seeded, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
3 radishes, coarsely chopped
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
8 hot dog buns
1/4 cup Kraft Fat Free Ranch Dressing


Cook hot dogs as directed on package.  Meanwhile, combine next 5 ingredients. Fill buns with hot dogs; top with vegetable mixture and dressing.

1 comment: