Tuesday, July 19, 2011

#322: Easy Grilled Squash


I love 5 ingredient or less recipes and this recipe counts salt and pepper as 2 of the ingredients so really this is only 3.  The hardest part of this recipe is peeling it.  I have not found an easy, quick way to get the skin off a squash and usually, if I'm roasting a squash, I just leave it on.  But I figured this time I needed to remove it.  The squash was so sweet a nice combo of soft-yet slightly undercooked and crunchy in parts.  If I didn't have to remove the skin I'd definitely make this again.  I don't know though if it was worth all the effort of peeling/cutting when I'm the only one who eats it. 

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush over squash slices.


Grill squash, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment