Tuesday, July 5, 2011

#305: Thai Slaw


I found this recipe in my latest issues of Kraft Food Magazine.  That looks yummy doesn't it??  It isn't typical "coleslaw" but I enjoyed this one.  It was SO easy to make...especially the dressing.  I made a few changes but kept the basic recipe the same.  Try this one, we liked it!

5 cups shredded napa cabbage

1 red pepper, cut into thin strips (I diced ours)
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 cup planters Cashew Halves with Pieces, coarsely chopped (I used sunflower seeds and chopped peanuts)
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup miracle whip Light Dressing (I used the kind w/lime)
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
Water (to dilute the dressing a little)

Combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix miracle whip and lime juice.  Add to cabbage mixture; toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment