Sunday, July 31, 2011

#339: BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad


For someone who is so picky about chicken, I'm surprised at how much I enjoy pan-fried (lightly fried) chicken lately.  I fully intended to make this BBQ chicken on the grill...then my husband came in and asked "Do you really want all these little pieces on the grill?"  :)  Guess I defrosted meat for chicken fajitas!  Knowing we would have lost most of our chicken strips to the depths of the grill grates, I figured I better cook them on the stove as the recipe called for.  As BBQ chicken, we all enjoyed this.  As something super special...not so much.  I definitely enjoyed it but it wasn't something I'd look for on a regular basis.  1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips

1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
1 pkg. (10 oz.) mixed salad greens
1 large tomato, cut into wedges
1/2 cup sliced red onions
1/2 cup Kraft Light Ranch Dressing (I used homemade buttermilk ranch instead)
1/4 cup Kraft Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese Crumbles (I used shredded cheese)

Cook and stir chicken in barbecue sauce in skillet on medium-high heat until chicken is done.  Toss greens with chicken, tomatoes and onions in large bowl.  Add dressing; mix lightly. Top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment