Monday, July 25, 2011

#332: Watermelon Coolers


I'm always looking for a different healthy fruity drink to serve the girls.  When I came across this recipe in my Real Simple Magazine I definitely couldn't wait to give it a try!  These watermelon coolers were super easy to make and refreshing and slightly tart.  I loved this freshly made, as it sat out though it got completely watery and I still enjoyed the taste, but it didn't have that slushy texture anymore.  This is something you will want to make just as you are going to serve it. 
8 cups
seeded 1/2-inch watermelon cubes
2 cups chilled ginger ale (I used diet ginger ale)
1/4 cup water
6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate

Arrange watermelon cubes on a baking sheet. Freeze 30 minutes, or until solidly frozen. Working in batches, blend frozen watermelon, chilled ginger ale, 1/4 cup water and frozen limeade concentrate in a blender until smooth. Serve in chilled glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment