Saturday, July 30, 2011

#338: Loaded Baked Potato Salad


This is a horrible picture...but what you get when you forget to take a picture until the salad is just about totally gone!

I'm not a huge potato salad fan (shh...don't tell my Auntie Mar, it might hurt her feelings!).  I'll eat it, but I don't love it.  It's got too much mayo, egg and celery for my liking and I usually just pick out the potatoes.  I came across this recipe from Kraft that puts bacon and cheese in their recipe and knew that was MY kind of potato salad and decided to make it for our Hitchins' family gathering.  I don't know if anyone else will eat it, but I LOVE this dish.  I ate a little that was left over for lunch today...and I am really looking forward to eating it with lunch tomorrow!  (PS...when I ate the extra potatoes today I used some real bacon bits since I hadn't made the bacon yet.  I really enjoyed it.  So if you don't have time to make/use real bacon, you can definitely substitute it in a pinch).
2 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered


1/2 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled

Cook potatoes in boiling water 20 min. or until tender; drain. Cool.  Mix mayo, buttermilk and chives in large bowl. Add potatoes and cheese; toss lightly. Refrigerate 3 hours.

Top with bacon just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment