Tuesday, July 26, 2011

#333: Fresh Tomato and Garlic Penne

This was a very easy, fresh and yummy recipe I found in my Betty Crocker 300 Calorie Cook Book.  So easy to make!  I will definitely make this again!

8 oz cooked pasta (it called for penne, but I used spaghetti)
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
12 medium plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves (I used dried, but wish I had fresh on hand!)1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper (I omitted)
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.  Meanwhile in a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Cook garlic in oil 30 seconds, stirring frequently.  Stir in tomatoes.  Cook 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are soft and sauce is slightly thickened.  Stir in basil, salt and pepper.  Cook 1 minute.  Serve sauce over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment